Monday 31 December 2012

Looking back...

I wrote the following around this time last year:

Eid Mubarak everyone...9 months ago, we were all dreaming of a Free Libya, one where we longed to see Independence flags raised in, the national anthems blaring from speakers, the freedom in the air...

Alhamdulilah we got that...however, i feel that so many of us, myself included, have lost our appreciation and gratitude for the sacrifices that so many of our Libyan brothers and sisters made for ...
us to see those flags and hear that anthem...

I wish we can all take a moment, look back, and remember how we felt 9 months ago; maybe then we can stop complaining, stop blaming, and stop criticizing everyone and everything that is helping our Libya, get back on it's feet.

We gave Gaddafi 42 years... never forget that. 42 years. It's only fair that we give anyone who's trying a little over 24 hours before we start booing him or her off the stage...

Kul sana o intum, o your families, o our Libya salmeen :)
 
Looking back, I can officialy declare, I have lost hope... not in my country, but in my people...which is worse, because, my people are what make my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment