Monday 6 August 2018

I cry in the early hours of the morning



I cry, in the early hours of the morning,
before I put my make-up on
I cry so early, because I don't want to answer
the 'why' and the 'what's wrong'
I cry so early, because I don't want anyone to see my puffy eyes, clown-y nose or for them to hear my sobs
I cry so early, because I don't always have the energy to mask a happy face and be 'so strong'
I cry so early, because I don't want anyone to share my sorrow, my wallowing or see me so undone
I cry so early, because I don't want anyone to see me broken and feeling sorry for myself for not wanting to go on
I cry so early, because I am feeling so lost and hurting all alone
I cry so early, because it helps me let go of some of the pain, start a new day and 'move on'
I cry, in the early hours of the morning, because at the end, everything will be okay, I will have to be strong, I will eventually move on

No comments:

Post a Comment