Saturday 7 July 2012

7-7: The Day we Got Inked!

Oh blue....
2 years ago in Beirut with the GCM folks, I met an Iraqi doctor, with a blue faded index finger... I remember asking him 'Inshalla 5er, is your finger OK? did you slam the car door on it?' He looked at me and laughed, 'no, i voted for the first time in 26 years' he answered with an understanding smile!

2 years ago, I personally did not know what a blue finger would feel like, i could not comprehend it... it was a stained finger with ink, that's all it was to me then...

 

TODAY... I know :-) Today I feel what he felt... Today, 2 years later, I fully understand what 'I voted' means and finally what that 'understanding smile' truly meant... :-)

You can't explain the 'blue-finger' effect, you have to dip it in ink and feel it!

Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, wa lil Allah al 7amd....

No comments:

Post a Comment